The structure was built by the order of Chelebi Sultan Mehmed to yield income for the Old Mosque.
Although there is no avaliable construction record, researchers suggest that it was built by Aleaddin the Architect in 1418.
The building is one of the first bazaars of the Ottoman period.
In terms of its plan, the structure is similar to Bursa Bedesten with a row of shops around t he building and cellars in the inner side.
However, the proportions and architecture of the building outranks the one in Bursa.